Thursday, November 16, 2006

TechNet Webcast: Windows Hang and Crash Dump Analysis (Level 400)

TechNet Webcast: Windows Hang and Crash Dump Analysis (Level 400)

This has been released for a while, but has been below my radar. Since I'm on a campaign to help bring awareness to our development and operational teams on how easy it is to identify the source of a process crash if you have just a little bit of knowledge, I thought I'd throw it out there.

The presentation is given by Mark Russinovich, of Sysinternals fame and before being assimilated by Microsoft, during TechEd 2006. I was actually at TechEd 2006, but missed Mark's talk this time around. I did have the opportunity to spend a full day with him and David Solomon during the Microsoft PDC 2005. They give an incredible presentation on the topic of windows internals and if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it!

Since Mark has made it up to Seattle, Microsoft has released their Windows Sysinternals website, which is the new home of www.sysinternals.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment